1. Entries: We’re off to a great start with several entries already received since entries opened last week. Keep them coming! Especially don’t miss the reduced “Early Bird Entry Fee” by 30th June 2018, after which Standard Entry Fee applies.
2. New Targa Website: The Targa website https://targa.nz/ has been significantly refreshed to include “Targa Time Trial” on the front page and a “VCC” tab in the menu bar, (top right, front page, or use this link https://targa.nz/vcc/ for direct access). The “VCC” tab holds all necessary Targa Time Trial information including Entry/Indemnity forms, Supplementary Regulations, VCC & VIC Application Forms and Newsletters.
3. Canterbury Briefing – Sunday 10th June 2018 11am to 4pm, Canterbury VCC Clubrooms/Barn: Canterbury Branch VCC have generously offered use of their Clubrooms/Barn at Cutler Park, McLeans Island Road, Christchurch for our next event briefing. This is a great opportunity to learn more about our Time Trial and we’d encourage as many as possible to attend. Targa road book samples will also be available for practise in the local area. Tea & coffee will be provided, but please bring pen & paper and your lunch, as there are no shops handy. (During the lunch break you’ll also have chance to check out the Canterbury branch VCC “Restoration of the Year” vehicles which are also being judged here this day, and there’ll certainly be some impressive handiwork on display!). Peter Martin and
Victoria Main from Targa NZ along with Anne and Rod Corbett will be hosting this briefing. To assist with planning and preparation, please email email@example.com asap confirming your attendance.
4. Event Dates and Accommodation: Advertised dates for our Targa-VCC South Island Time Trial are Monday 22nd to Saturday 27th October 2018, starting from Invercargill and finishing in Queenstown. However we’d encourage you to be in Invercargill by Sunday 21st October in preparation for scrutineering and documentation Monday morning, followed by competitor briefing Monday afternoon and Legends of Targa dinner Monday evening. Recommended accommodation dates-: Invercargill – Sunday 21st, Monday 22nd, Tuesday 23rd October; Dunedin – Wednesday 24th, Thursday 25th October; Queenstown – Friday 26th, Saturday 27th October; (Prize-giving breakfast is Sunday 28th October before heading home). Accommodation booking is the responsibility of each competitor and we’d encourage early bookings for best value. (I understand that Targa Admin/HQ is to be based at the Ascot Park Hotel in Invercargill, Distinction Hotel in Dunedin (yet to be confirmed), and the Novatel in Queenstown, so you may wish to book motels etc handy to each of these).
5. VCC Club Involvement: Along with Banks Peninsular & Canterbury branch support, all lower South Island VCC branches have been contacted regarding our Time Trial event and we’re delighted with their enthusiastic support & offers to assist with car displays and marshalling at lunch and evening service stops. (More details will be available in subsequent newsletters).
6. Queries: Any queries regarding above, please call Rod Corbett 027 433 8772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org